Range Safety and Rules
- Everyone must sign in before entering the range.
- Only those who have paid the range fee will be allowed in the range and on the firing line.
- Packing and unpacking of firearms is to be done at the shooting station.
- Eye and ear protection is mandatory.
Basic Range Use Rules
- All firearms must be unloaded.
- Shooters under the age of 18 must be under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Target assignment is on a first come first served basis.
- All shooting will be done at a distance of 60 feet.
- Range fee includes targets.
- Handguns may not be loaded with more than 5 rounds per string.
- Maximum rate of fire is 1 round per second, no “double taps”.
- Holsters are not allowed.
Safety Regulations – Behind The Firing Line
- All firearms unloaded, slides locked open, magazines out, or cylinders open or
- Or firearms unloaded, boxed or cased.
- Do not handle firearms behind the firing line except in the designated safe
- Absolutely no ammunition or magazines are allowed in the safe areas.
Safety regulations – On The Firing Line
- Keep all firearms pointed down range at all times.
- When the “NO FIRING” sign is on; unload all firearms and stand back from the firing line.
- Under no circumstances is a loaded firearm to be removed from the firing line.
- Notify the Range Officer of all jams or malfunctions that can not be made safe.
Firearms and Ammunition
- Most pistols and revolver firing handgun cartridges are allowed.
- Magnum and heavy loads are not allowed on this range.
- Please check with the Range Officer if in doubt.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE RULES AND INSTRUCTIONS OR UNSAFE CONDUCT AS DETERMINED BY THE RANGE OFFICER WILL RESULT IN EXPULSION FROM THE RANGE. IF IN DOUBT ASK THE RANGE OFFICER.